When considering a bathroom remodel, you may want to think about creating a space for assisted or independent living. Understanding your many choices is the first step.
Here are some options to make life easier, regardless of age, illness or disability:
- When considering a bathroom remodel, you may want to think about creating a space for assisted or LEVERED HANDLES OR ELECTRONIC HANDS FREE FAUCETS – Traditional bath faucets require twisting & turning to operate and present a challenge to those with limited mobility. Lever handled faucets offer unparalleled ease of use.
- GRAB BARS & HANDRAILS – Stable, decorative, (un-commercial looking) wall-mounted grab bars add safety and security to any bathroom.
- COMFORT HEIGHT TOILETS – Sometimes a little assistance is all you need. Comfort height toilets are two inches taller but that added height makes all the difference when it comes to your sense of ease.
- LAVATORIES/SINKS—That are adapted to you, not the other way around. Wall-mounted vanities offer easy access and enhanced mobility for seated users. Over-hung lavatories can be installed at two different heights to accommodate multi users.
- BIDET SEAT – Hands-free cleansing bidet seats offer increased comfort and a refreshed feeling of confidence and well-being. They also aid physically challenged people from standing, reaching, bending and other movements that may be painful, difficult or impossible.
- HANDSHOWERS – Conventional wall-mounted showerheads are fixed in place, requiring you to bend and reach to meet the flow of water. Hand-showers allow you to effortlessly direct the flow of water, and can be hand-held or mounted on a slide-bar for hands-free operation. They are easy to use standing or sitting.
- SHOWER & SHOWER BASES – Appealing products and well thought installation can meet the challenges of changing needs without sacrificing your home’s style. Many shower receptors offer a low-threshold and slip-resistant surface of easy access, confidence and safety.
- THERMOSTATIC VALVES & TRIM – Pressure-balanced/anti-scalding thermostatic valve technology protects against unexpected fluctuations in water pressure and provide constant safe water temperature.
- LOW STEP-OVER BATHS/WALK-IN BATHS – Offer full-access solutions that go beyond the ordinary. A line of step-over bath/walk-in baths are sensitively engineered to make the transition in-and-out of the bath as easy as possible allowing for a luxurious bathing experience with no compromise to comfort or style.